Chic Charity

Posted by David On March - 07 - 2009

Chic Charity held at Mont Kiara

Ferarri

Posted by David On March - 07 - 2009

Ferarri car at Pavillion KL

Cupcake Munch

Posted by David On March - 07 - 2009

Cupcake Chic at The Curve

Sony DSLR - α200

When he posted? David Cheong On 3:02 PM
Are you coming my way? Please don't slip through my fingers you dirty little rascal! Ok it sounded really really bad hey I can't help it. Sony is now having a promotion in which a pre-order of the new Sony DSLR - α200 costs only RM1999 that comes together with the stock lens, 2gb memory stick, and of course the usual 12+6 months warranty, free servicing, tutorial classes on the usage of DSLR cameras, and a free membership to Sony.

Sony DSLR - α200

Tempting? Yeah it really is but considering that the prices of the lenses and accessories of Sony are pretty much well, on par with the camera itself it is tempting for a beginner like me in order to learn the basics and fiddle around with the need to know stuffs before I move on to a more professional DSLR by which of course most of consider having a better camera does not make one a professional but the person taking the picture is. But really, of course having longer thicker dicks better hardware is important too.

Canon EOS 40D

Initially, I really did put my mind onto the Canon EOS 40D, but after much considerations and with the promotion offered by Sony, I think it would be more worth it to take up their offer since I can't exactly afford a RM5k camera and that is just the body itself. Nikon D80 was tempting too but nah....


Anyways, boring post I know but I just needed to list out the pros and cons here as I don't have a yellow legal pad to do it! But if it sparks up your interest, what do you think?

I'm still trying very hard to coax my mum to buy it for me hehe, it takes a great deal of energy of convincing to do it ok! Not everybody gets lucky to have parents that would buy them anything they desire but still I love my parents and would never trade anybody else for them.

Instead of getting all mushy mushy, so how??? Hey, help me choose and I'll throw in a few freebies for you. Maybe, free amateur cam-whore shots of yourself taken by yours truly and I'll throw in a few pictures of myself too *hint*hint*


Just promise me you won't start drooling all over it....

11 Response to "Sony DSLR - α200"

  1. i love the camera.. but your pic!!!Hahahahaa sooo funnyyy!!! what are you doing laaa.. pretending to give birth? Good at least you're practising :P

     

  2. David Cheong Said,

    aronil - hahaha read my previouses (don't think there's such a word) post and you'll know what I was doing hehe....

    Camera damn kao chun right, the Sony alpha RM1999 only leh... still trying to get my mum to steal it for me hahaha!!!!

     

  3. Haha... maybe it is previous' :P The camera looks sleek.. but dunno if i'd get an slr.. hahah steal it for u siaowW... btw whats her blog la??

     

  4. 3POINT8 Said,

    walau, seems like every blogger already got 1 SLR or aiming to get get one.
    Even you are planing to get one. I need to get myself one of these things too (when i have the money..which i think is gonna be a few hundred yrs later)

     

  5. JLHC Said,

    You want?
    I got sell, come Sony Centre @ Melaka. ;)
    Give you chance to enter Sony Time promotion some more. ;)

     

  6. David Cheong Said,

    aronil - oh yeah hor, forgot.. here
    http://katrynaballerina.squarespace.com/

    have fun with it haha!!

    3point8 - LOL i've been wanting to get one for a long time already. It's just that the time and price is right now so gunning for it now =)

     

  7. albert Said,

    The A200 is a VERY good deal for its price. Superb fast AF, very clean ISO 1600 (same level as the A700, 40D and D300) and more "relevant" buttons so you don't have to go through menus. Better "firmware" also.

    The A200 "viewer" processor is faster than any other camera. When you scroll through pictures on the 40D, it will pixelate first before you can view the image. On the A200 everything is full resolution, no wait, no lag.

    Canon forgets to put things like spot metering and Kelvin white balance in the Canon 400D, and you cannot delete multiple pictures even in the Canon 1D series. What if you're totally out of CF cards?

    If you want pro-looking shots, you'll be better off with a cheaper body (A200) and get a Sony Carl Zeiss 16-80mm later for RM2500. It's insanely sharp (scores 95-100% from 24mm onwards) while the Canon 17-85mm IS (40D kit lens) is so-so, at 80-90% sharpness only. It's a dead end lens, meaning you don't need to upgrade... the Canon 17-85mm IS is okay only and prone to mechanical failure (my friend runs a shop, over 4 units returned.)

    Also, you get SuperSteadyShot on all lenses, even cheap-but-good Tamron lenses and super tele lenses. For example, Tamron just released their 70-200mm F2.8. The lens will be without stabilization so too bad for Canon and Nikon shooters! I heard it was around RM3600.

     

  8. albert Said,

    Oops, I meant that the Sony Carl Zeiss is a dead end lens.

     

  9. No lah, we won't drool over that. We promise.

     

  10. David Cheong Said,

    jlhc - Haha it's ok! I'm staying in kl and the sony centre's here also have to promotion. Thx for the offer anyways =)

    albert - Cool, thx for your insight. Yeah, I most probably will go for the sony.. Thanks, appreciate it loads =)

    michelle - hahaha!!!!

     

  11. Anonymous Said,

    [...]resource[...]

     

    Adsense Ads

    This is me!

    Blog Archive