Chic Charity

Posted by David On March - 07 - 2009

Chic Charity held at Mont Kiara

Ferarri

Posted by David On March - 07 - 2009

Ferarri car at Pavillion KL

Cupcake Munch

Posted by David On March - 07 - 2009

Cupcake Chic at The Curve

My α Journey: So far....

When he posted? David Cheong On 8:38 AM
It has been what, almost 8 months into photography and so far my alpha has served me well...

4
Time going real fast eh

In the beginning, I never really knew about the Sony Alpha system, in fact all the hype and attention at the time was given all to Nikon and Canon. And with a noobie like myself at the time with nobody to guide, I just simply did my research on my own and asked people on forums on which was the most preferred system but alas, the best answer that I got was:

"It depends on your own preferences...."

5

And I find it really true. Nobody can really tell you how great a brand really is and most of the time, reviews and preferences are all pretty biased. So going off pretty blindly, I began tested each DSLRs offered by both giants and that's when I came across the Sony Alphas.

7

To tell you the truth, I didn't really know anybody at all who uses a DSLR at the time and only through blogs that I read could I tell the difference in picture quality and at the time as well, the only Alpha users that I know were Albert and SmashpOp. So instead of being skeptical, I tried it out when the Alpha A-200 system was out and when I did, my heart was set on it already.

It was like a meeting of 2 soul mates!

8
Coming up with creative shots are hard but feels great after getting the awesome results

It fitted nicely into my hands, feeling very comfortably. And although it did feel a bit plasticky but it didn't really matter to me because what I was looking for was, a comfortable feeling and it was great! Moreover with a promotional price at the time, it prompted me to even go for it and that's when I got my first DSLR, the Sony Alpha A-200 and I never regretted it.

9
Picture posted just for the fun of it, lol!

Of course as all newbies are, it was a bit of a rocky start. I still am pretty much a noob now itself, still a lot to learn. It is never enough and the learning process keeps going on and on and that's what I love about photography. There is something new to learn everyday and that's what keeps me going. But slowly and surely, I started to learn quite a bit through experiences, through advices from forums such as the old Sony Alpha forum as well as the Alphanatics now, Albert, Ewin, Ferron, Bugs, Aaron, Hwei Ming and many others.

10

Truth is, I can never say that I am good enough. I will always be a student and a noob in it and without the people around me, I can't say for sure where my knowledge would have come from but I certainly am grateful for it.

convention
Picture stolen from pop's blog haha!

Incidentally, today was the day that all alpha users are waiting for, the Sony Alpha Convention in Le Meridian, KL which is provided free for all Alpha users if they register within the limit of participants and of course I'm in it! And this is going to be awesome because there'll be courses, classes, freebies and of course free food but most of all, a gathering of Alphanatics.

11

And frankly so far, it has been really awesome with speakers from all over with different backgrounds and specialties, a showcase of the amazing capabilities of the first full-frame DSLR by Sony, The Alpha A-900 and of course the models and Ducati's that Sony sponsored just for us alphanatics to well, shoot.

Ahhh being an alphanatic certainly is the life.....

4 Response to "My α Journey: So far...."

  1. RM2K parking ticket?!?!

    O.O

    your friend parked there for 5 years isit? hahahahha

     

  2. David Cheong Said,

    e-fly - hahahaha your head lah =p.. nahla got lah some trick to get that amount hehehe

     

  3. Hwei Ming Said,

    Wah!! I got give you advise meh?

    haha.. i tot you were my alpha sifu..haha...

     

  4. David Cheong Said,

    hwei ming - lol where got hahahahaa... u pro ma, me noob =p

     

    Adsense Ads

    This is me!