Chic Charity

Posted by David On March - 07 - 2009

Chic Charity held at Mont Kiara

Ferarri

Posted by David On March - 07 - 2009

Ferarri car at Pavillion KL

Cupcake Munch

Posted by David On March - 07 - 2009

Cupcake Chic at The Curve

Canon Pergi Hijau!

When he posted? David Cheong On 10:51 PM
Title does not make any sense but nah, since when has anything ever made any sense anyways lol!

DSC09257

Truth is, myself and the usual's recently attended an event so awesome, I literally enjoyed myself a lot! I can't actually call it an event but i can't seem to find the right word for it but what the heck. At first, I had RSVP'ed online at the official website but instead, I got bumped up to media invitation.

Thanks Melissa!

IMG_0694
Thanks Nigel for the pic!

If you did not already know, I'm talking about the Canon Goes Green event that was held on Sunday in Padang Kota Damansara, PJ. Organized by Canon itself, together with Citrine One who managed the media, I would say that the entire course of the event was pretty smooth and well planned!

DSC09262

Actually, I don't think I could summarize really how awesome the event was and really, it's been a while since i really enjoyed myself a lot at an event where I had to wake up really early and I really mean early on a Sunday morning. Seeing people from all walks of life coming together to do something nice and giving back to mother nature, somehow makes you feel all cheery inside.

A really weird way to describe it, I know lol!

DSC09267

People from all over were gathered and many among them were young ones, especially teenagers. If you think that young people these days would rather hang in a shopping mall and do nothing the whole day, well there are still many who would do so much just to help and it feels great knowing that they will be the ones leading the future.

DSC09430

And although many of the participants RSVPed over the internet, there were many walk-ins as well and it sort of reassures people that there are many that still care.

DSC09277


A lineup of activities were presented for participants ranging from of course the main activity, tree planting, a thumb printing on a painting, face painting, kids related activities such as coloring, as well as your very own environmental friendly self-made paper-bag which was pretty interesting.

DSC09390
Emcees Elaine Daly and Hansen Lee

DSC09328
The VIPs

Not to mention The Environmentals were of course there as well since they are the mascots and they are one of the main reasons why this event was brought up upon. VIPs attended the event, namely our Exco Tourism, Consumer Affairs & Environment, Selangor State Government, YB Elizabeth Wong and also President and CEO, Canon Marketing (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, Mr. Liew Sip Chon.

DSC09418
The Environmentals and us

Performances was also provided by a group of enthusiastic volunteers who made music out of recycled stuffs and of course Zainal Abidin who was there to entertain us with a couple of songs and true enough, he is still known as the 'Nature Guy', well for me as far as I'm concern haha! Oh and not forgetting a Q&A session where participants will be able to win awesome prizes such as cameras, printers

DSC09380

If only you were there, you could have seen the enthusiasm of the participants where each and every one of them were smiling as they proceed to planting all the trees. Each of them helped one another, strangers chatting with each other, and its amazing how just one simple thing can bring a community from everywhere together.

DSC09290
The ever enthusiastic hyper Fly FM crew

Food was also provided for participants to munch, including lunch while they enjoy themselves to a variety of performances by Zainal Abidin and the quiz session. Don't you think that tree planting has never been this exciting and rewarding as before and in years to come, the rewards will slowly be churned out of the efforts made on that very day!

DSC09217

If you were to ask me, you have to be there to really experience it and I hope Canon will organize another one soon. Or even, from any other company and incidentally, the Eco Film Fest will be coming up on November 1st.

DSC09413
The Usuals

When I get the details about that, I will post it up ok!

PS: Check out my other photos in my facebook albums:

5 Response to "Canon Pergi Hijau!"

  1. Simon Seow Said,

    I still haven't wear my Nokia IAC T-shirt.

     

  2. Nigel Sia Said,

    Nice pictures. Me likes!

     

  3. David Cheong Said,

    simon - lol that was my first time wearing it also

    nigel - haha thanks!

     

  4. Anonymous Said,

    eh..where's my pic?? LOL wtf =.=

     

  5. David Cheong Said,

    yatz - haha it'll come =D

     

    Adsense Ads

    This is me!