Chic Charity

Posted by David On March - 07 - 2009

Chic Charity held at Mont Kiara

Ferarri

Posted by David On March - 07 - 2009

Ferarri car at Pavillion KL

Cupcake Munch

Posted by David On March - 07 - 2009

Cupcake Chic at The Curve

Nom nom nom, boom boom boom

When he posted? David Cheong On 3:33 PM
But at least it was not me that teared in the end hahahaha but more on that later!

DSC00161

Being a really great fan of food, and I admit I ain't really some type of expert when it comes to food when all I ever do is enjoy them, I sometimes would love to try new things if ever my stomach permits it as most of my friends know, my stomach is a killer machine which will kill me at the slightest touch of chilli even though I love them damn!

DSC00225

Well, earlier this week, myself and the usual's was invited over to Frontera Bar & Grill to sample some of their most famous dishes by which the restaurant serves authentic Texan and Mexican food. That's right, when I said authentic, I really meant it because the ingredients, or spices and chilli's that are used in their dishes are specially imported from the states just to preserve the authentic taste of Texan and Mexican food that you really can't find anywhere in the county.

DSC00177

Located at a pretty new but well known place to most people in PJ, Jaya One, this little eatery is housed at just the perfect spot to chill, have a great time and enjoy great food all at a lil corner and oh, it also houses a bar which makes the perfect margarita, the best that I have ever tasted so far, which is the Agave Margarita.

DSC02292
Agave Margarita

Made from agave nectar, this mean cocktail is served with a 45ml shot instead of the usual 25ml shot which was taught to us that original shots are supposed to be in 45ml shot cups, instead of the 25ml that we are so used to seeing in most bars and clubs. The Agave Margarita also boasts of its first of its kind trait, which is that there will definitely be no hangovers the next day, no matter how much you take.

How's that for awesome alcohol haha!

DSC02293

Larry, the owner of the restaurant was a pretty interesting dude to chat with as we divulged into many different types of topics, from food to ingredients, to the country and also the states, and even other foods and oh, even the blogging world!

Thanks Larry for the invitation, and also to Anju as well.

DSC02324
Chips with Salsa Dip

Chips were served after being introduced to the Agave Margarita and boy do they have many different dips for their chips. First of all, would be the salsa dip which was pretty much the same as many other salsa sauce but the one that you should all try would be the Chilli Con Queso dip whereby, being different from the many different dips available out there, this cream based chip dip is a heavenly cheese galore and a definite must try for all cheese lovers out there!

DSC02330
Chips with Chilli Con Queso Dip

Served warm and made from Monterrey Cheese, this dip is superb and it got a two thumbs up from the all-cheese-lover, Jen whom is always desperate trying to try all things cheese and still searching for the cheese paradise here in Malaysia!

DSC02333
Chips with Chili Con Carne Dip

The third dip is the Chili Con Carne dip which is a meat based salsa and is served with onion toppings which kinds of reminds me of a burger all minced up and mixed with salsa sauce. Wasn't really my favourite of the 3 due to the awesome cheese dip but for meat lovers, this could definitely be your thing!

DSC02313
Frontera Nachos

And as if our tables was not already filled with chips, we were then served with Frontera Nachos which did not look like nachos to me at first and here I was stoning at the table wondering what it was while trying to take pictures of it!

Geek nature calls first before brains haha!

Topped with cheese first, a slice of chilli and for it's garnishing, some tomatoes and lettuce it is certainly something different from the usual nachos that I am served with at other restaurants oh, and a pretty good finger food too. It is a pretty satisfying appertizer and I loved it, anything on cheese goes well with me haha!

DSC02307
Taquitos de Pollo

The Taquitos de Pollo came shortly after the nachos which looked really similiar to kuih kapet if you have seen it before haha but it's a totally different thing. Truth is, this wasn't really my favorite appetizer of the lot although it contains the Frontera chicken and was wrapped with corn tortillas, it didn't exactly do much for me as I could barely taste the chicken.

DSC02310
Habanero Chicken Wings

Now the Habanero Chicken Wings, that is something to talk about. Once it was down on the table, everybody was trying to have a go at it but not before I took some pictures haha! Served with some habanero BBQ sauce and cilantro ranch dressing, the wings literally melted in my mouth and damn myself for being a photographer as I could not dirty my hands with more wings or rather, I'm just really nice that way and I let everybody have a go at it haha!

DSC02319
Chimichanga (Choice of Beef/Chicken)

The Chimichanga arrived next together with the Tex Mex Burrito and boy did both look the same to me and the only difference between the twi is the the Burrito is not fried and the Chimichanga is. Both made out of homemade flour tortilla topped with Chili Con Queso and diced tomatoes and served on the side is refried beans and some Mexican rice while both servings comes in a choice of either beef or chicken.

DSC02315
Tex Mex Burrito (Choice of Beef/Chicken)

Those 2 dishes were not my type of dish and surprisingly, it was the only Mexican food as well and it also goes the same for the Tacos that contains the same sidelines as the above dishes. The taco is filled with either a choice of seasoned beef or shredded chicken and I guess you can't really take my word for it because since it is of course my taste and who knows, you might like it when I don't.

DSC02318
Tacos (Choice of Beef/Chicken)

With even more dishes filling up the table, we really thought that this could be our last supper because we were presented with a feast next with many different types of main dish and boy was the table seriously full to the brim!

DSC02323
Frontera Beef Ribs

The Frontera Beef Ribs is said to be the best beef ribs so far by the usuals but to tell you the truth, I can never tell when it comes to ribs. I'm just never in-tuned haha for ribs and although it was tender and juicy and being especially light and really well prepared, the mash potatoe caught my eye because I am a huge fan of mash potatoes haha, sorry Larry lol.

IMG_6923
Cajun Fish and Chips

Cajun Fish and Chips was also pretty ordinary due to the fact that it's pretty much the same everywhere and also, it could be your safest bet to dining if you're not feeling adventurous because with fish and chips, what can really go wrong?

DSC02328
Chili Cheese Burger (Beef)

But what comes next was my second favorite dish of the night, the Chili Cheese Burger which comes with either a choice of beef or chicken and comes with it is real meaty tastes! I am a huge fan of burgers and when I tell you that Frontera has the best burgers around, you better believe it! The Chicken Ranch Sandwhich was the ultimate favorite among the burgers by which with it's tender meat being so juicy and tasting so good, you will in fact want more and this is real because I am really, a beef fan more than chicken and to my surprise, the Chicken Ranch Sandwhich tops the beef burger by a whopping 10 times more on my scale of awesomeness!

DSC02332
Chicken Ranch Sandwhich

Life is great and I can die happy already....

DSC00201

Dining here can really be a fun time and when it comes to the late night drinking sessions, be entertained by the legendary Margarita-making Machine as you witness him whoop you some drinks and if you do head down over there, take my advice!

IMG_6937
Must try - Patron XO Cafe

You have got to try the Patron XO Cafe because I had never tasted a coffee based alchohol so good in my life and if I'm not mistaken, you can't get this anywhere else unless you import it yourself! And if you're into something a whole lot different and wanting some tingly action, check out the Jalapeno Margarita as it is guaranteed to tickle your tongue, litteraly! Oh and do try the chilli test, ask Larry and he'll be glad to entertain you with some of the hottest and some fun tingling sensation chillies available!

Check it out at :
Frontera Bar & Grill
No. 18-8-2 Block L,
Palm Square, Jaya One
Jalan University, Petaling Jaya.
T +603 7958 8515
F +603 7958 8125

PS: Pictures by myself and Nigel

4 Response to "Nom nom nom, boom boom boom"

  1. ruth tan Said,

    hey u have to try pure patron it is good !

     

  2. jolenesiah Said,

    look very yummy

     

  3. David Cheong Said,

    ruth - I wanted to but it's freaking expensive >.<

    Jolene - haha it is, go try it =D

     

  4. Snoopy Said,

    The food look nice!

     

    Adsense Ads

    This is me!