Chic Charity

Posted by David On March - 07 - 2009

Chic Charity held at Mont Kiara

Ferarri

Posted by David On March - 07 - 2009

Ferarri car at Pavillion KL

Cupcake Munch

Posted by David On March - 07 - 2009

Cupcake Chic at The Curve

KL Hip-Hop Festival 2008

When he posted? David Cheong On 12:10 AM
It was a pretty eventful yet tiring weekend....

DSC01788

So in no particular order, here goes first! I attended the KL Hip Hop festival which was held at Modestos, Desa Sri Hartamas under media thanks to the organizers and Joshua. It was an event held from 12pm in the afternoon and was scheduled to end past 2am but I was only there for a brief moment between 9pm and 12am reasons being that I was caught up with something in the morning and afternoon.

Paint it like you see it

Myself, Hsu Jen and Bugs met up with Joshua at the event when that when he arrived, myself and bugs were already in full-blown geek-out mode taking pictures of the event. A graffiti centre was provided for people to display their talents in scribbling on the wall with spray paints, many other mini shops were also there but at the time when we arrived most were closed already.

I sing with my heart out

A bazaar was held in the afternoon selling hip-hop apparels and what-nots, a Ribena stall was still open when we were there, allowing people to showcase their skills in dancing in an old school game called 'Dance Dance Revolution'. A DJ workshop stall was there as well but most of the people were mainly at the stage where performers were throwing around concerts till the wee hours of the night.

Heck even when we left, they were still going at it!

DSC01949
Big dude flipping!

Now I do not usually say this, but there was quite a poor turnout of people at the event. I know for myself that there are many who loves the hip-hop culture in this country but there could only be a few reasons why there were so little people and one, is that the ticket pricing was insane. I do not really see the reason behind pricing the entry tickets at RM55 for pre-sales and RM65 at the door which I definitely know that it was a bit too expensive.

DSC01969
This kid can really dance yo

Secondly, the Fly FM party was happening at the same time in 1 Utama and well, the entrance for that event was free and maybe most others were more willing to go there rather than to spend a bomb at the hip-hop festival.

And third, well poor marketing.

DSC01970

There was barely any marketing done whatsoever other than an event invite in facebook from which I got to know about this event from but other than that, zilch. Well there should be event posters at local hip-hop stores such as Echo Park but they should have done more.

DSC02038

In the future, I hope that the event organizers would put a lil bit more effort in the promotion of events if they were to make it in the scene, other than that I think that the singers were awesome, especially with acts from all over Asia!

Concert Relived

PS: For more pictures, surf over to my facebook album:

2 Response to "KL Hip-Hop Festival 2008"

  1. Anonymous Said,

    Ahh, this event sure cost a bomb! But if compared to tickets to famous singer performances, this is considered the "defuser" though (Oh man, what am I crappin @@)

     

  2. David Cheong Said,

    kell - yeah I know it'll cost a bomb but they should know that tickets priced at that amount wouldn't really attract people.

     

    Adsense Ads

    This is me!